Podocarpus Bonsai Tree
The Podocarpus tree or Yew features long thin flat leaves that are dark green in color.Â The Podocarpus Can be kept indoors and produces flowers and berries in the spring.
- The Podocarpus can be kept in shade or partial sun.
- Avoid cold weather, however the Pine is still quite hardy.
- Pruning is minimal as the Podocarpus is already trained. Prune back according to how you would like to maintain the shape.
- Water moderately, keeping the tree moist at all times. Water well during spring and early summer.
- Fertilize your bonsai once every two weeks. We recommend using a bonsai fertilizer.
- Repotting will not be necessary as the pine grows very slowly. However, after many years, the Podocarpus may require repotting.