The Schefflera bonsai tree, also known as the umbrella bonsai tree because of its umbrella shaped leaves, features a root structure that looks similar to a Banyan tree. The bonsai tree is very hardy and perfect for indoor environments.
- The Schefflera does best in filtered or shaded sunlight. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Prune by pinching off unwanted stems using fingers or shears.
- Water moderately, do not let the soil dry out. Water whenever the soil looks dry. Over-watering will result in trunk rot.
- Fertilize your bonsai once every two weeks. We recommend using a bonsai fertilizer.
- Leaves can be cleaned with damp cloth to avoid parasites.
- Since the Schefflera is a tropical plant, it does best when paired with a humidity tray.